Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Coconut oil deep conditioner and detangler

http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/06/coconut-oil-deep-conditioner-and-detangler.html


deep hair conditionerI decided to do something nice for ME today. It was a little out of character….and it felt a little strange…but overall it was great!
Several weeks ago I came across this Coconut Oil Deep Conditioner hair treatment at Veria.com and was intrigued. I wanted to give it a try…but something always came up. I swear…having a blog is like having a baby!  I hardly get any sleep and I’m lucky if I can get a shower in during any given day!
So today I decided to put “the baby” down for a nap and MAKE some time for this.
Mixing up the ingredients was a SNAP. Just three ingredients that you mix with a spoon. No heat required.
deep hair conditioner

After I mixed it up, I decided I would be really smart and put it in a plastic baggie so that I could “pipe” it onto my hair. ITHOUGHT this would be less messy, but it really wasn’t. So I wouldn’t bother with this step next time. I’d just use my hands and glop it on that way. Either way it’s a little messy…but nothing that a little soap and water won’t wash right up.

deep hair conditioner

After applying the conditioner you’re supposed to cover your hair with a plastic bag or a shower cap, neither of which I had on hand at the time. So I ended up fashioning a turban of sorts out of plastic wrap! Now that was quite the sight! lol.  I toyed with the idea of taking a picture of my plastic-wrapped head…but I just couldn’t bring myself to. ;-)
Once your head is appropriately shrink-wrapped, then you’re supposed to apply heat with a hair dryer. I did this for about 5 to 10 minutes. Then you leave the conditioner on for 15 to 30 minutes. I got distracted by something (big surprise!) and ended up keeping it on about 45 minutes. After that I hopped in the shower and shampooed and conditioned as usual.
As I got out of the shower I wasn’t sure I could tell any difference while my hair was still wet…but by the time I was done drying my hair…I definitely noticed a difference! My hair felt much smoother and looked shinier. All afternoon I kept running my fingers over my hair because I wasn’t used to it FEELING so nice. I even snapped a picture so you could see my mostly gray hair looking extra smooth and shiny. (Which, as you know if you have gray hair, is quite afete feat!)

No comments:

Post a Comment